Leading Change for the Future - development opportunity....
Consequently we have designed a learning programme called "Leading Change for the Future" which aims to;
- extend thinking about the nature of complex human and organisational behaviour.
- diagnose deeply embedded challenges in each participants own setting using systems thinking tools
- grow leadership capacity to foster engagement and lead cultural change across organisations and systems
- explore ways to unleash organisational agility and adaptability
There are two really unique aspects to this programme that we have developed based partly on the material in the Center for Creative Leadership's Future trends in leadership development.
1) Learning Methodology
The programme involves pre-workshop surveys and readings and then a 1 day workshop on Friday 14th June where participants focus on designing a change project that they will lead in their work. This is followed by a month when there will be an opportunity to be mentored and connect with peers. There is then a second 1 day workshop on Thursday 11th July where participants will finalise their change projects. The content of the workshops is based around complexity based leadership and we will also be covering systems thinking, appreciative inquiry, adaptive leadership and design thinking.
2) Cross pollination of learning across diverse teams and sectors.
We have a range of people attending from across the sectors including health, education, business and the social services area and the programme looks like it’s going to be a great opportunity to cross pollinate ideas with a wide range of people. We have also had a number of small leadership teams (3-5) attending in groups which we believe is a great way to make the change initiatives more strategic and sustainable.
Here's a short video interview from a colleague who attended this workshop when we ran it in Johannesburg, South Africa in 2012.
If you're interested in more information you can download more information at "Leading Change for the Future" workshop flyer